Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 17, 2015

Hello again!

I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying the end of summer!

So, life totally threw me a curve ball. Guess who got a call to be a trainer?! Yup, yours truly is now training her own little greenie missionary... Or, as we say up here, I officially have a "daughter" in the mission! *shiver* It's sooo weird! I still feel too new and way under qualified! So, a big warm welcome to the greatest mission on earth to ..... Sister Tolbert!!!

 
(Literally though, it was super warm this week, we hit 36! mosquito's everywhere...) I was super sad to say goodbye to my old companion Sister Creech, but am excited to start a new adventure. Sister Tolbert is from Spanish Fork, Utah, and is one of 27 missionaries that just came out to the field! So now I will be in Prairie Winds until early November (most likely). I pray we see a lot of success between now and then...

The theme for this week seems to be trusting in and relying on the Lord.

Often, we seem to forget what the Lord promises us when we are trying to do the best we can to do what's right and keep our commitments to follow the Savior. I take great comfort in the scripture that says, " ... I will go before your face, I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88) I know that that is true; we have His support and love, the Lord is at our side. And He is bound to bless us when we obey. I know our Father in Heaven loves each one of us and that he is mindful of our every desire and effort. I know that one of the greatest gifts he has given us is the gift of the Holy Ghost, as it comforts, guides, and testifies according to our needs. We are not left to walk through life alone; He is there, and countless loved ones on the other side cheer us on. Stay strong, and press forward exercising faith enough to act. I promise that as you do, you will witness blessings pour down from heaven.


Lots of Love,
Sister Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment